Are you looking for the Santorini best diners for your anniversary or any other special occasion such as birthdays? You may have a wedding anniversary, or you would like to propose to the love of your life in one of the most romantic places on Earth, Santorini Island!
The suggested Santorini diners are also perfect for your honeymoon, birthday celebrations, or if you are a solo traveler, for the sheer luxury of pampering yourself and enjoying an impeccable and memorable meal.
The criteria I used to choose those Santorini restaurants were just two:
- Exceptional Cuisine
- Stunning Setting
Up next I am going to tell you about 6 of Santorini best diners (and my personal favorites) for your anniversary:
*Some of the links below are affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you click and buy. The commission comes at no additional cost to you.
Santorini Best Diners
1. Lycabettus Restaurant in Oia
Lycabettus restaurant in Oia has the best terrace in Santorini with the most breathtaking view of the caldera and the Aegean Sea. The luxurious restaurant is the property of the Andronis Luxury Suites in Oia.
The focus on the menu is on both seafood and meat, Greek and Mediterranean fare with authenticity, creativity, and masterful execution in every bit.
- Lobster with Green asparagus and ginger
- Lamb with Eggplant and Couscous
- Rib eye with Carrot and Bone marrow tart
- Chocolate with Cardamo, Tonga, Hazelnut, and Mousse Milk
Location: Oia, Santorini
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org & +30 2286 072043
Best Hotel in Oia Santorini
The most popular spot to watch the notorious Santorini sunset is Oia’s Castle or at one of the restaurants/hotels in the caldera. Cave Suite Oia is a perfect accommodation for stunning views in Santorini.
2. Kapari Wine Restaurant (My favorite Santorini Best Diners)
Kapari Wine Restaurant is a top-notch culinary experience in one of the most outstanding caldera views in Santorini. Voted as the 6th best restaurant in Greece, is a multiple-awarded restaurant by Trip Advisor and one of the best Santorini diners for your anniversary.
Its cuisine is Mediterranean recipes with a twist, combined with famous local Santorini delicacies. They also have a wonderful list of premium wines as well as their own stunning 5-star hotel, the Kapari Natural Resort.
- Fresh Tuna fillet with hazelnut crumbs, topinambur & grape must dressing
- Agnolotti pasta with a hint of truffle and octopus
- Smoked octopus with tarama mousse and summer beans salad
- Tropical Sphere with white chocolate, mango, passion fruit, pineapple & coconut
Address: Imerovigli, Santorini
Contact: email@example.com & +30 2286 021120
Best Hotels in Imerovigli
Imerovigli is 9,5 km from Oia, a comparatively unspoiled, with whitewashed houses, blue-domed churches, and an upscale Santorini village. It is built on the highest point of the caldera cliffs, at about 300 meters making it a spectacular point for photographs. Best hotels in Imerovigli:
3. Ambrosia Restaurant Oia
Ambrosia is one of Santorini’s best diners that offers modern Mediterranean food at awe-inspiring cliff-top caldera views. It is in one of the most romantic settings in Oia Santorini.
Ambrosia is – not surprisingly – a top choice for newlyweds on their honeymoon and couples celebrating an anniversary in Santorini.
Try sautéed baby squid in ouzo & pesto sauce, lamb cutlets, veal filetakia, salmon fillet, Ambrosia tarts, and Kataifi with ice cream.
Address: Ambrosia, Oia, Santorini
Telephone: +30 22860 71413
4. Selene Restaurant
Selene Restaurant is a real hidden gem in Santorini, offering an authentic gastronomic experience full of Greek history and tradition.
A many-times awarded restaurant by Greek Cuisine Awards, Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator, and many more, guarantee a real unique dining experience for your anniversary in Santorini.
- Cucumber Confit with olive oil cake & tarragon sorbet
- Crayfish, Lard & Hazelnut
- Yogurt with Bergamot Spoon Sweet
- Crispy tubes with dark chocolate crémeux, hazelnut praline, lemon ice cream, and black rum with vanilla piping gel
Location: Fira Town, Santorini, 84700
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org & +30 22860 22249
Best Hotel in Fira, Santorini
Fira is the main town of Santorini and the busiest town on the island as everyone wants to be part of the packed solid shopping area and get “lost” in the maze of winding backstreets. Stunning (and quiet) hotel in Fira:
5. Metaxy Mas
The amazing restaurant is located in a hospitable and relaxing space, reminiscent of an island house porch, in the mainland of Santorini.
Metaxy mas, differs from other high-end restaurants in Santorini in two ways:
- It has no caldera view but an equally beautiful view of mainland Santorini
- It offers traditional Santorinian food
The friendly staff serves authentic and original dishes made with care and fresh ingredients, inspired by Santorinian and Cretan cuisine.
- Lamb with yogurt sauce flavored with spearmint and coriander, accompanied by aromatic bulgur
- Feta cheese baked in phyllo dough and soaked in honey & Cretan Salad
- Kataifi cheese rolls with four different kinds of cheese and blackberry sauce.
- The best cheesecake, ever!
Metaxy mas is one of the best restaurants on the island with great views. A bit tucked away so don’t give up on finding this lovely place. Make sure you reserve your table as it is a very popular place.
Location: Exo Gonia Santorini: 5 km southeast of Fira, an authentic rural village
Contact: email@example.com, +30 2286 031323
6. Ammoudi Fish Tavern
Ammoudi Bay is underneath the picturesque village of Oia and you can get there by walking down the 214 steps from Oia’s castle or taking a car/scooter to the main road that connects Ammoudi with the rest of the island.
This is an amazing tavern with predominantly fresh seafood and fish. It is fished on a daily basis and is among the top seafood restaurants in Santorini.
Ammoudi Tavern differs from the other restaurants as you get to have the beautiful Santorini Sea at (almost) an arm’s distance.
- Fried Crayfish crumb
- Tartare of Salmon
- Sea Bass Carpaccio
- Loukoumades: Pastries made of leavened and deep-fried dough, soaked in syrup or honey, sometimes coated with cinnamon
Address: Ammoudi Bay, Santorini, Oia
Contact: +30 2286 072298 & firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Get to the Pireaus Port from Athens Aiport
- Bus: If you are arriving at Athens International Airport you can travel straight to the port by taking the X96 express bus (€5.5, children <6 yo, free entrance), which departs every 40 minutes and the average trip lasts 1 hour – runs 24/7.
- Metro: (€9) is easily found across airport arrivals (blue line – M3) going directly to Piraeus port. The average trip to Piraeus lasts 1 hour.
- Taxis are available in front of the airport (around €40 to Athens, €55-60 to Piraeus (depending on the traffic in Kifisos), and take up to 3 or 4 people with small luggage)
- Rent a car with Discover Cars to rent reliable new cars at affordable prices
- You don’t like driving but love hassle-free solutions? Book a Private transfer with an English-speaking driver from Athens International Airport to Piraeus Ferries, or anywhere else in Greece
- Are you looking for domestic flights in Greece? Check out the official Aegean Airlines Website.
All rights reserved © Travel the Greek Way. Republishing this article and/or any of its contents (photographs, text, links) is strictly prohibited.
Plan Your Next Trip to Greece With These Guides
- Best Santorini Cheap Hotels
- Greece Packing List – What to pack for a 10-day trip to Greece
- First Time to Greece – Most Important FAQ
- Athens Hotels Near Acropolis
- Best Athens Beach Hotels
Essential Travel Resources for Greece
- ‘Hello’ and ‘Thank You’ in Greek: “Ya sou” and “Efharisto”
- Booking.com: I use Booking.com because I can get the best deals on hotels and apartments, free cancellations, and great prices!
- All-Inclusive Resorts in Greece
- FerryScanner to book ferries to the Greek Islands
- Rent an Affordable Car in Greece
- Athens Metro Website (timetables and ticket info)
- Map of Athens Metro
- Trains (Hellenic Train)
- Public Buses KTEL
- Get Your Guide: For all your day or multi-day tours and city guide needs, I use Get Your Guide
- Emergency Numbers Anywhere in Greece: AMBULANCE 166 – FIRE 199 – POLICE 100– EMERGENCY NUMBER 112