This post is about six Santorini best diners for your anniversary or any other special occasion you would like to celebrate in Santorini. You may have a wedding anniversary, or you would like to propose to the love of your life in one of the most romantic places on Earth, on Santorini island.
The suggested Santorini diners are also perfect for your honeymoon, birthday celebrations, or if you are a solo traveler, for the sheer luxury of pampering yourself and enjoying an impeccable and memorable meal.
The criteria I used to choose those Santorini restaurants were just two:
- Exceptional Cuisine
- Stunning Setting
Up next I am going to tell you about 6 of the best (and my personal favorites) diners in Santorini for your anniversary:
*Some of the links below are affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you click and buy. The commission comes at no additional cost to you. If you purchase something, thanks! Please see my full disclosure policy for more information*
1. Lycabettus Restaurant in Oia
Lycabettus restaurant in Oia has the best terrace in Santorini with the most breathtaking view of the caldera and the Aegean Sea. Lycabettus restaurant is property of the Andronis Luxury Suites in Oia.
The focus on the menu is on both seafood and meat, Greek and Mediterranean fare with authenticity, creativity, and masterful execution in every bit.
- Lobster with Green asparagus and ginger
- Lamb with Eggplant and Cous-cous
- Rib eye with Carrot and Bone marrow tart
- Chocolate with Cardamo, Tonga, Hazelnut and Mousse Milk
Location: Oia, Santorini
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org & +30 2286 072043
Related Article: 12 Best Things to Do in Santorini
Best Nearby Hotel in Oia Santorini
The most popular spot to watch the notorious Santorini sunset is Oia’s Castle or at one of the restaurants/hotels in the caldera. Cave Suite Oia is a perfect accommodation for stunning views in Santorini.
2. Kapari Wine Restaurant
Kapari Wine Restaurant is a top-notch culinary experience in one of the most outstanding caldera views in Santorini. Voted as the 6th best restaurant in Greece, is a multiple awarded restaurant by Trip Advisor and one of the best Santorini diners for your anniversary.
Its cuisine is Mediterranean recipes with a twist, combined with famous local Santorini delicacies. They also have a wonderful list of premium wines as well as their own stunning 5-star hotel, the Kapari Natural Resort.
- Fresh Tuna fillet with hazelnut crumbs, topinambur & grape must dressing
- Agnolotti pasta with a hint of truffle and octopus
- Smoked octopus with tarama mousse and summer beans salad
- Tropical Sphere with white chocolate, mango, passion fruit, pineapple & coconut
Address: Imerovigli, Santorini
Contact: email@example.com & +30 2286 021120
Best Hotels in Imerovigli and near Kapari
Imerovigli is 9,5 km from Oia, a comparatively unspoiled, with whitewashed houses, blue-domed churches, and upscale Santorini village. It is built on the highest point of the caldera cliffs, at about 300 meters making it a spectacular point for photographs. Best hotels in Imerovigli:
3. Ambrosia Restaurant Oia
Ambrosia offers modern Mediterranean food at awe-inspiring cliff-top caldera views in one of the most romantic settings in Oia Santorini.
Ambrosia is – not surprisingly – a top choice for newlyweds on their honeymoon and couples celebrating an anniversary in Santorini.
Try sautéed baby squid in ouzo & pesto sauce, lamb cutlets, veal filetakia, salmon fillet, Ambrosia tarts, and Kataifi with ice cream.
Address: Ambrosia, Oia, Santorini
Telephone: +30 22860 71413
Best Nearby Hotel
4. Selene Restaurant
Selene Restaurant is a real hidden gem in Santorini, offering an authentic gastronomic experience full of Greek history and tradition.
A many-times awarded restaurant by Greek Cuisine Awards, Award of Excellence from Wine_spectator, and many more guarantee a real unique dining experience for your anniversary in Santorini.
Some of the Specialties Include:
- Cucumber Confit with olive oil cake & tarragon sorbet
- Crayfish, Lard & Hazelnut
- Yoghurt with Bergamot Spoon Sweet
- Crispy tubes with dark chocolate crémeux, hazelnut praline, lemon ice cream and black rum with vanille piping gel
Location: Fira Town, Santorini, 84700
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org & +30 22860 22249
Best Hotel in Fira Nearby Selene
Fira is the main town of Santorini and the busiest town on the island as everyone wants to be part of the packed solid shopping area and get “lost” in the maze of winding backstreets. Stunning (and quiet) hotel in Fira:
5. Metaxy Mas
Metaxy mas Restaurant is located in a hospitable and relaxing space, reminiscent of an island house porch, in the mainland of Santorini.
Metaxy mas, differs from the other high-end restaurants in two ways:
- It has no caldera view but an equally beautiful view of mainland Santorini
- It offers traditional Santorinian food
The friendly staff serves authentic and original dishes made with care and fresh ingredients, inspired by the Santorinian and Cretan cuisine.
- Lamb with yogurt sauce flavored with spearmint and coriander, accompanied with aromatic bulgur
- Feta cheese baked in phyllo dough and soaked in honey & Cretan Salad
- Kataifi cheese rolls with four different kinds of cheese and blackberry sauce.
- The best cheesecake, ever!
Metaxy mas is one of the best restaurants on the island with great views. A bit tucked away so don’t give up on finding this lovely place. Make sure you reserve your table as it is a very popular option.
Location: Exo Gonia Santorini: 5 km southeast from Fira, an authentic rural village
Contact: email@example.com, +30 2286 031323
6. Ammoudi Fish Tavern
Ammoudi Bay is underneath the picturesque village of Oia and you can get there by walking down the 214 steps from Oia’s castle or taking a car/scooter to the main road that connects Ammoudi with the rest of the island.
Ammoudi Fish Tavern is a predominantly fresh seafood and fish restaurant, from the sea straight into your plate and is among the top seafood restaurants in Santorini.
Ammoudi tavern differs from the other restaurants as you get to have the beautiful Santorini Sea at (almost) an arm’s distance.
- Fried Crayfish crumb
- Tartare of Salmon
- Sea Bass Carpaccio
- Loukoumades: Pastries made of leavened and deep-fried dough, soaked in syrup or honey, sometimes coated with cinnamon
Address: Ammoudi Bay, Santorini, Oia
Contact: +30 2286 072298 & firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Info for Traveling to Greece
How to Get to the Cyclades Islands from Athens
FERRIES: The most usual way is to take the ferry from Athens ports (Pireaus, Rafina, or Lavrion). Book your ferry transfer with FerryScanner or FerryHopper, and get the best prices in the market with no hidden fees. If you travel in the summer you better book your seats in advance.
AIRPORT: There are some international flights going straight to certain islands, like Mykonos, Santorini or Crete, you better check Skyscanner, for charters or direct flights from your own country.
Otherwise, you have to make a stopover at Athens International Airport or fly to Santorini or Mykonos and take the ferry to other islands from there. Find below the list of the Greek Islands that have an airport:
My Favorite Travel Resources for Greece
- Ferries to the Greek Islands: Book your ferry transfer with FerryScanner or FerryHopper, and get the best prices in the market with no hidden fees
- Map of Athens Metro
- Trains (OSE)
- Public Buses KTEL
- Air flights: Cheap/Fast/Best Worldwide Flights from KAYAK or SkyScanner search engine sit
- Booking.com: I use Booking.com because I can get the best deals on both hotels and apartments, free cancellations, and great prices!
- Best car rental prices – Guaranteed. RentalCars.com
- Get Your Guide: For all your day or multi-day tours and city guide needs, I use Get Your Guide
- Emergency Numbers Anywhere in Greece: AMBULANCE 166 – FIRE 199 – POLICE 100– EMERGENCY NUMBER 112